House Democrats passed a radical, pork-filled $1.5 trillion omnibus spending bill on Wednesday.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) held the vote on the spending bill after hours of delay and confusion.
The bill originally had $15 billion in coronavirus aid; however, Pelosi moved to strip the coronavirus aid after facing steep opposition from her own caucus. Democrats had agreed to include offsets in the bill, but many Democrats across the spectrum raised concerns about the bill removing state aid to offset the cost of the $15 billion in coronavirus aid.
In a statement about the move, Pelosi blamed Republicans, even though it was Democrats that had raised issues with the bill.
“Because of Republican insistence — and the resistance by a number of our Members to making those offsets — we will go back to the Rules Committee to remove COVID funding to meet the needs of America’s families,” she wrote in a letter to House Democrats earlier on Wednesday.
The Democrat division on the coronavirus offsets occurred when Rep. Jody Hice (R-GA) offered a motion to adjourn, which continued for four hours as Democrats could not figure out how to address the issue. Democrat leadership had to move the bill back to the Rules Committee to address Democrats’ concerns.
The bill would provide Ukraine with over $13 billion in new humanitarian, economic, and military assistance in its conflict with Russia.
The omnibus spending bill contains many leftist, woke, and climate change carveouts.
The legislation includes a provision that expands diversity, equality, and inclusion at the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.
The omnibus spending bill funds “border security” for eight foreign countries while including no new funds to construct a border wall along the United States-Mexico border.
A Republican Study Committee (RSC) messaging document obtained by Breitbart News found that the bill has many issues, including:
- The bill would spend over $100 billion on Green New Deal initiatives, and advance “racial justice” through Department of Agriculture programs.
- The bill also contains $100 million for environmental justice activities at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and $75 million for low or zero-emission vehicles
- $26 billion in food stamp funding
- This is the first spending bill to include earmarks.
- No protections from Chinese espionage in grants to the National Science Foundation
- Increases National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding by 10 percent
- Provides $66 million for the “Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health (REACH), an increase of $8 million from last year
Heritage Foundation found that the bill would send taxpayer funds to Planned Parenthood.
The bill is a disaster for America and now it’s up to Senators Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Krysten Sinema (D-AZ) to tell their radical party, NO again.
Every radical agenda item promoted by the modern-day Democratic Party is funded in this 1.5T “Omnibus” spending bill.
Eric Thompson, host of the Eric Thompson Show.
Save Up To 66% On MyPillow Products – Use Promo Code ETTALK
PureTalk – Save Big Money On Your Cell Phone Bill